Oats has been lying in the pantry for "I don't know how long". I have never tried making anything else from it other than eating with milk for breakfast. But, now the floodgates are opened and suddenly I have come across so many oats recipes that my pantry is soon going to be oats-free.
This is the last recipe that I had finalized to take to my family. I also baked my favorite among all cookies that I have baked till now, Chocolate Peanut Butter Filled Cookies again.
(For 24 Cookies.Adapted from Poppytalk)
1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cups whole-wheat flour
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg, lightly beaten
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup pecans/walnuts, chopped
1/3 cup chocolate chips
1 tbs coffee powder
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
- In a bowl, combine the 2 flours, oats, baking soda, and salt together.
- In another bowl, mix together the melted butter, vanilla, egg , brown sugar and coffee powder.
- Put the dry ingredients into the wet and mix well. Add in the cranberries, pecans/walnuts and chocolate chips and beat until combined.
- Drop a tablespoon of dough 2 inches apart on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Press down on the tops slightly with the back of a spoon
- Bake for 12 minutes.