June 29, 2011

Stuffed Potatoes With Creamy Corn Filling

Stuffed Potatoes with Creamy Corn Filling
 This was another thing that I had made  the Lunch on Sunday. I am absolutely in love with the creamy corn Stuffing. It goes well with many dishes . I have previously used them in my first blog post Stuffed Pastry  and Stuffed Onions. Add some more mashed potatoes to the stuffing and it can be served on its own.
I have made these before too and it is tremendously loved. The recipe is a modified version of the recipe of Chef Sanjeev Kapoor. The changes I have made is removing the peel of the potatoes and increasing the baking time to get the golden colour.

Before  I start the recipe, Let me tell you a funny thing. I enabled the blog archive feature today, and noticed that I started the blog in Jan 23,  2011. And all this while I was thinking that it was in December.  So,I posted the 6th month anniversary post in 5 months only.!!! I seriously need some memory pills. :D


Ingredients

4 large Potatoes
2 tbsp Butter
2 tbsp All purpose flour[Maida]
1 1/2 cups Milk
1 cup Corn kernels, boiled
Salt to taste
4-5 Peppercorns, crushed
4 tablespoons Fresh cream
1/2 cup Cheese, grated [ I have used mozzarella]
2 tablespoons Fresh parsley, chopped



Preparation
  1. Preheat oven to 200º C. 
  2. Boil potatoes with skin so that it is cooked but not mushy.
  3. When cooled, remove the peel ,halve lengthwise, scoop out the potatoes leaving thick shells. Keep aside.
  4. Grate scooped out potatoes. Keep aside.
  5. For the filling, heat butter in a pan, add refined flour and roast. Add milk gradually and cook stirring continuously. Cook for two minutes stirring continuously. Add boiled corn kernels, salt, half the crushed peppercorns and stir. Add grated potatoes to the corn mixture and mix. Add fresh cream, half the grated cheese and mix again. Add chopped parsley. 
  6. Place the potato shells on a baking tray. Stuff them up with the filling. Sprinkle the remaining cheese and the remaining crushed peppercorns on the top.
  7. Bake in the preheated oven at 200º C for 15-25 minutes or till the cheese turns golden. Serve hot.



19 comments:

Suja Manoj said...

Innovative recipe,mouthwatering.

Priya Suresh said...

Seriously am drooling over that stuffed potatoes, omg tempts me a lot..

Joyti said...

Those sound very good. Such a great idea too...to stuff potatoes. Yum.

Torviewtoronto said...

interesting looks delicious

Unknown said...

wow, that is such an interested and delicious looking picture and recipe. wow, what an invention or creation :)

Saraswathi Ganeshan said...

Kids friendly recipe!! LOOKS DELICIOUS

Vardhini said...

Never stuffed potatoes before .. has to be yummy with the creamy corn.

Vardhini
Event: Dish it Out - Spinach and Garlic
Event: Healthy Lunchbox Ideas - Broccoli

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Oh, how delicious! I never thought of a creamy corn filling for potatoes, but I know this would be a hit with my family! Thanks for sharing this one again :)

Mansee said...

one of my favourites... n me make them the same way too...

Kaveri Venkatesh said...

Awesome looking potatoes...mouthwatering...you've found a follower in me

Prathima Rao said...

ooohh...Thats a creamy, cheesy filling!!! Totally droolworthy!!!
Prathima Rao
Prats Corner

CinnamonNChillies said...

Ahhh the much awaited ones :-) I love it!!! Its on my todo for sure!!!

Food Glorious Food! said...

Thanks for visiting my space :) Your blog is fantastic and I am following you for more ideas! I also wish to invite you to follow me too if you like :)

http://personalfoodjournal.blogspot.com/

aipi said...

They look terribly addictive and so scrumptious!
US Masala

kankana said...

This sounds like heaven in mouth . Awsm idea .

Food Glorious Food! said...

So sinfully delicious! They are great looking and mouthwatering! I am saving this recipe for sure!

Umm Mymoonah said...

Wow! These cheesy potatoes are simply irresistible for me, looks so yumm!

Deepthi KR said...

hello dear,
thnq for visiting my blog. I appreciate your time on blogging, I know how hard it is to blog while working (gone through your profile), good to know that ur hubby cooks too!!! my hubby does but once in a year(wink!) btw your blog is very beautiful with yummy recipes!!!....happy following you back!!!!
keep rocking!!!

Happy Blogging!!!!
Food Blog News Daily
Good Food Recipes

Shireen said...

These potatoes look gorgeous Sushmita! Thrilled to find a blogger who is also Mangalorean :) By the way, Vidya Rajam suggested ur blog..u have a lovely space :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips