|Stuffed Potatoes with Creamy Corn Filling|
I have made these before too and it is tremendously loved. The recipe is a modified version of the recipe of Chef Sanjeev Kapoor. The changes I have made is removing the peel of the potatoes and increasing the baking time to get the golden colour.
Before I start the recipe, Let me tell you a funny thing. I enabled the blog archive feature today, and noticed that I started the blog in Jan 23, 2011. And all this while I was thinking that it was in December. So,I posted the 6th month anniversary post in 5 months only.!!! I seriously need some memory pills. :D
4 large Potatoes
2 tbsp Butter
2 tbsp All purpose flour[Maida]
1 1/2 cups Milk
1 cup Corn kernels, boiled
Salt to taste
4-5 Peppercorns, crushed
4 tablespoons Fresh cream
1/2 cup Cheese, grated [ I have used mozzarella]
2 tablespoons Fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 200º C.
- Boil potatoes with skin so that it is cooked but not mushy.
- When cooled, remove the peel ,halve lengthwise, scoop out the potatoes leaving thick shells. Keep aside.
- Grate scooped out potatoes. Keep aside.
- For the filling, heat butter in a pan, add refined flour and roast. Add milk gradually and cook stirring continuously. Cook for two minutes stirring continuously. Add boiled corn kernels, salt, half the crushed peppercorns and stir. Add grated potatoes to the corn mixture and mix. Add fresh cream, half the grated cheese and mix again. Add chopped parsley.
- Place the potato shells on a baking tray. Stuff them up with the filling. Sprinkle the remaining cheese and the remaining crushed peppercorns on the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 200º C for 15-25 minutes or till the cheese turns golden. Serve hot.