June 28, 2011

Chocolate Banana Cupcakes

As promised, I am here with the recipe for the Chocolate Banana Cupcakes. It had been a long time since I had sent my baked goodies to my Husband's office. So I decided to make these cupcakes for them. The feedback was tremendous. My husband was asked if I delivered to home too, or if  I needed a shop. :-D
I got the recipe from tasteofhome. It was a plain banana cake to which I added chocolate. These are best when served fresh within few hours. It was great fun decorating these too..I made the flowers too ..3 flowers on each cupcake , around 60 flowers :))

Ingredients
[20 mini cupcakes]
1/2 cup shortening [ I didn't have shortening, used 1/2 cup butter + 3-4 tbsp vegetable oil)
1-1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 cup mashed ripe bananas
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup cocoa
3/4 cup dark chocolate ,melted
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup buttermilk

Chocolate Ganache 
8 oz Dark Chocolate
4 oz Cream

Directions

  • In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas and vanilla.
  • Sieve the flour, baking soda, cocoa,baking powder and salt in a separate bowl.
  • Add the dry ingredients to wet mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition.Fold in melted chocolate.
  • Fill paper-lined  cupcake tin two-thirds full. Bake at 375F/190C for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. 
  • For Ganache, melt chocolate and whisk it smooth. Heat cream and add to melted chocolate. Stir till smooth. Add more cream, to reach to required consistency.  Dip the top of cupcakes into the ganache. Sprinkle some decorations and let it set in refrigerator for 30 minutes for the ganache to set.



I am sending these to following events.
 Healing Foods - Banana event by Siri hosted by Kirti 
Bookmarked Recipes - Every Tuesday event by Aipi & Priya.
Hearth and Soul Hop





10 comments:

Indian Khana said...

Looks so yum n cute ...nice deco

Priya Suresh said...

Cupcakes looks soo cute and irresistible..

aipi said...

So yum n so chocolaty ~ love to be able to sink me teeth into it :)
Thanks a lot for linking to bookmarked event :)
US Masala

Sensible Vegetarian said...

Looks so cute and delicious.

Unknown said...

I was so eagerly waiting for this recipe. Please let us know how you made those flowers too.

kankana said...

This looks delicious and pretty :)

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Oh, these are beautiful! Love your topping~

SinFoodie said...

Thank you everyoone :)))

Priya..these flowers are made of fondant.

Arundhuti said...

Aaw, the cupcakes look so cute!

a moderate life said...

Hi! I am now following you on twitter and I added your name to our hearth and soul daily twitter list so look for updates in your tweet feed! I used to love to send baked goods into the office with my husband and get back all the ooohs and ahhs! Made him feel proud of me and I felt pretty good too! I adore the taste of chocolate and banana together and used to freeze banana chunks dipped in chocolate. These cupcakes sound so delicious and the frosting and decorations are beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing them with us on the hearth and soul hop!
All the best, Alex@amoderatelife

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips