I got the recipe from tasteofhome. It was a plain banana cake to which I added chocolate. These are best when served fresh within few hours. It was great fun decorating these too..I made the flowers too ..3 flowers on each cupcake , around 60 flowers :))
[20 mini cupcakes]
1/2 cup shortening [ I didn't have shortening, used 1/2 cup butter + 3-4 tbsp vegetable oil)
1-1/2 cups sugar
1 cup mashed ripe bananas
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup cocoa
3/4 cup dark chocolate ,melted
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup buttermilk
8 oz Dark Chocolate
4 oz Cream
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas and vanilla.
- Sieve the flour, baking soda, cocoa,baking powder and salt in a separate bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to wet mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition.Fold in melted chocolate.
- Fill paper-lined cupcake tin two-thirds full. Bake at 375F/190C for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For Ganache, melt chocolate and whisk it smooth. Heat cream and add to melted chocolate. Stir till smooth. Add more cream, to reach to required consistency. Dip the top of cupcakes into the ganache. Sprinkle some decorations and let it set in refrigerator for 30 minutes for the ganache to set.
I am sending these to following events.
Healing Foods - Banana event by Siri hosted by Kirti
Bookmarked Recipes - Every Tuesday event by Aipi & Priya.
Hearth and Soul Hop