Finally this recipe has come out of the draft status. It has been lying there waiting for a photo. Not that I haven't made it since then, but couldn't take a photograph. I make this often, It is quick and easy and whenever I want to have something delicious and don't want to put much effort,this one comes immediately to my mind.
For a long time I absolutely hated anything in a white gravy. And as it happened, whatever new dish I would try at a restaurant would inadvertently turn out to be something in white. Being used to spicy food,I just couldn't ever eat more than few spoonfuls. But things changed, when I started cooking on my own. There are few ingredients like kasoori methi[ Dried fenugreek leaves], freshly ground pepper that really enhances the taste. So, I add them whenever I make white gravy.
[ For 2 people]
6 or 8 Mushrooms
3/4 cup green Peas
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 small onion grated
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
2 tbsp cashew-nut paste
3 tbsp kasoori methi/Dried fenugreek leaves]
2 green chilies chopped
3/4 tsp freshly grounded pepper
1 tsp red chili powder
1/2 cup cream
1/2 cup milk
2 tsp oil
1 tbsp butter
- Boil peas till they are almost cooked.
- Cut mushroom into quarters.Heat butter in pan .Add mushrooms and stir fry on high flame till mushrooms are dry and golden. Add little salt and pinch of black pepper. Stir fry for a minute. Keep them aside
- Heat 2 tsp of oil, add cumin seeds.When they splutter add grated onion and ginger garlic paste.Cook till onion is translucent.
- Add cashew nut paste and cook on low heat till oil separates.
- Add cream, milk , kasoori methi ,green chilies and cook for 2-3 minute.
- Add salt, chilli powder, ground pepper and stir for a minute.
- Add the boiled peas and mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes. If the gravy looks dry you can add some more milk/water and cook.
- Serve it hot with rotis/chapatis.