April 29, 2011

Peanut Butter Nutella Brownies


What drew me to this brownie was the peanut butter and Nutella combination. All the earlier recipes on my blog Nutella Pinwheel Cookies , Nutella Swirl Cupcakes and Chocolate Peanut butter Filled Cookies with them have been really tasty. So, even though I am not fond of brownies, I thought of trying these out.
The recipe is originally of marbled brownie, but I did something wrong and instead of a marbled look, the nutella layer had spread evenly all around. On hindsight,I feel I should have lessened the amount of Nutella that I dropped on the top layer for marbling. The evenly spread nutella did not look good so I made some white chocolate designs on the top of it.

Ingredients
For 12 pieces of brownies
Recipe from CookieMadness

6 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
1 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
2 large eggs
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt

For Marbling:
1 1/2 oz dark  chocolate
1/2 tsp butter
1/4 cup Nutella

For Chocolate decoration
1 1/2 oz white  chocolate

Preparation
  1. Preheat oven to 350 F/180C. Line an 8 inch square pan with parchment paper. Leave some extra on sides so that it helps in pulling out the brownies once baked.
  2. In a bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until soft. Beat in vanilla and peanut butter,
  3. Add eggs and beat just until mixed in. Beat in baking powder and salt
  4. Add flour and stir until it is mixed in. 
  5. Spread this batter evenly in the baking dish.
For Marbling
  1. Melt chocolate and butter in microwave at 30 sec interval until it melts completely or in a double boiler. Remove melted chocolate from heat and stir in Nutella. 
  2. Drop spoonfuls of Chocolate Nutella mixture over the brownie batter 1 and 1/2 inches apart and drag a knife both length and breadth wise through them to make a marbled pattern.
  3. Bake on center rack for 30 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from the side of the pan and center seems set. 
  4. Cool pan on a wire rack. When brownies reach room temperature, chill them for an hour.
  5. Lift from pan and cut into squares.
  6. For white chocolate design, Once the brownie cools, put the melted chocolate in a piping bag, cut a small tip and make designs of your choice on the brownie.

Note : If you are using glass pan  for baking brownies then reduce the temperature to 325F/160C for 10 minutes extra


16 comments:

Raji said...

Gorgeous brownies...I wish to dig in these slices of pleasure.Awesome!

Anonymous said...

Nutella and peanut butter spells rich rich rich. If I were to sink my teeth into even one of this, I would have to run miles and miles on the treadmill:-)
they look lovely and oh-so-inviting..whether marbled or not, I am sure, they were delectable!!

aipi said...

Delicious brownies- Nutella is a beautiful thing..love it in anything n everything :)
US Masala

Torviewtoronto said...

yummy looking delicious brownie

Priya Suresh said...

Brownies looks simply out of the world, never says no to peanutbutter & nutella..

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

wat a beautiful , tempting n rich brownies..
first time here..awesome space you have with excellent pics..
happy to follow u..;)

do stop by mine sometime..
Tasty Appetite

Prathima Rao said...

Gorgeous!!!! Combi of 2 of my fav - nutella & PB to create a dessert which is my fav too!!!! A must try.. :)
Prathima Rao
Prats Corner

SeƱorita said...

Looks delicious!! Yummy :)

http://ladyonaroof.blogspot.com/

Sarah said...

is this a dream? it sounds too good to be true! its awesome :)

Kelly | Eat Yourself Skinny said...

Mmm these look fantastic! So glad to be your newest follower! :)
http://www.cookskinny.blogspot.com/

Magic of Spice said...

They look fantastic to me and I bet they taste just as good! I love brownies and I think the flavors are perfect :)
Thank you for you sweet words and happy to follow back, you have a great site here :)

Hungover on Fashion said...

make the beatrice cake!!!

Sobha Shyam said...

Look delicious..yummy brownies :)

charishma said...

hey nice blog
iam following you
check out my blog
http://cheriesstolenrecipes.blogspot.com/

Suja Manoj said...

Wow looks so inviting,perfect and delicious..must try this.

Aleksandra Rybinska said...

Oh My God! Yummy!!! Peanut butter is one of my favourite ingredients.
Please check my recipes: http://alexandras-recipes.blogspot.com/ I would be appreciate if you could follow back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips