What drew me to this brownie was the peanut butter and Nutella combination. All the earlier recipes on my blog Nutella Pinwheel Cookies , Nutella Swirl Cupcakes and Chocolate Peanut butter Filled Cookies with them have been really tasty. So, even though I am not fond of brownies, I thought of trying these out.
The recipe is originally of marbled brownie, but I did something wrong and instead of a marbled look, the nutella layer had spread evenly all around. On hindsight,I feel I should have lessened the amount of Nutella that I dropped on the top layer for marbling. The evenly spread nutella did not look good so I made some white chocolate designs on the top of it.
For 12 pieces of brownies
Recipe from CookieMadness
6 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
1 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
2 large eggs
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 oz dark chocolate
1/2 tsp butter
1/4 cup Nutella
For Chocolate decoration
1 1/2 oz white chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 F/180C. Line an 8 inch square pan with parchment paper. Leave some extra on sides so that it helps in pulling out the brownies once baked.
- In a bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until soft. Beat in vanilla and peanut butter,
- Add eggs and beat just until mixed in. Beat in baking powder and salt
- Add flour and stir until it is mixed in.
- Spread this batter evenly in the baking dish.
- Melt chocolate and butter in microwave at 30 sec interval until it melts completely or in a double boiler. Remove melted chocolate from heat and stir in Nutella.
- Drop spoonfuls of Chocolate Nutella mixture over the brownie batter 1 and 1/2 inches apart and drag a knife both length and breadth wise through them to make a marbled pattern.
- Bake on center rack for 30 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from the side of the pan and center seems set.
- Cool pan on a wire rack. When brownies reach room temperature, chill them for an hour.
- Lift from pan and cut into squares.
- For white chocolate design, Once the brownie cools, put the melted chocolate in a piping bag, cut a small tip and make designs of your choice on the brownie.
Note : If you are using glass pan for baking brownies then reduce the temperature to 325F/160C for 10 minutes extra