Here comes another one from my dear Mr. Sinfoodie. He entered into the kitchen to fry some seekh kebabs and then was struck with an idea to convert it into a gravy recipe somewhat on the lines of chicken tikka masala. I am not too fond of seekh kebabs, but this was a nice twist and I loved it.
Chicken Seekh Kebabs - 2 Rolls,cut into 1 cm slices
Onion grated - 1 Large
Tomato finely chopped - 2
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Onion -1 small , cut and peeled into 1 square inch
Capsicum -1 small, cut and deseeded into 1 square inch
Tomato -1 small , cut and pulp removed1 square inch
Green Cardamom 2
Black cardmom -2
Bay Leaves -2
Cinnamon stick -1 inch
Cumin Seeds -1 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
Coriander Powder -1 tsp
Kashmiri Red Chili Powder - 2 tsp
Chili Powder - 1 tsp
Garam Masala - 1tsp
Salt to taste
Cashewnut paste - 2 tbsp
Cream - 3 tbsp
Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan. Fry the kebabs for few minutes till it is slightly brown. Keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in the pan. Add green and black cardamom, cinnamon stick, bay leaves and cumin seeds and fry till the cumin seeds splutters.
- Add grated onions and ginger garlic paste. Fry till the onions are translucent.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, coriander powder,red chilli powders and salt and cook till tomatoes turn into a puree.
- Add Cashwenut paste and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the kebab pieces and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped onions and let it simmer for few minutes.
- Add cream ,chopped capsicum and chopped tomatoes,juice of 1 lemon and let it simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add Garam masala powder and turn off the stove.
- Garnish with Coriander leaves and server hot with Rotis or Naans.