This is my sister's recipe [Richa] who used to make this a long time back. All of us loved this crispy Bhindi (Okra ) raita ,especially when served with rice. It had been a long time I had eaten it ,and during these hot summer days in Bombay, it is always pleasurable to have a curd based dish with the regular meal.
Ingredients [ for 2 people]
Bhindi /Okra 8-10 washed, dried and thinly sliced
Curd/Yogurt 1 cup
Water 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp
Red chili powder
Rai [mustard seeds] 3/4 tsp
Fennel Seeds 3/4 tsp
Curry leaves 4-5
Dried Red chilli
Oil fro frying
oil/ghee for Baghaar
- Deep fry the thinly sliced bhindi till it is slightly brown and crispy. Keep aside.
- In a bowl, mix water to curd to thin it.
- Add salt,red chili powder.
- When you are ready to serve, add the crispy bhindi to the curd mix. To maintain the crispiness this step should be done just before serving
- For the baghaar /tempering , In a small pan [bowl size], heat 2 tsp oil/ghee. Add mustard seeds,fennel seeds,curry leaves,dried red chilli. when mustard splutters and fennel seed browns, add this to curd mix. You can use any baghaar recipe of your choice.