January 30, 2011

Marie Biscuit Tiramisu

Traditionally Tiramisu is made from savoiardi biscuits or sponge cake. Few days back I had tasted an exceptional dessert made of marie biscuit at a relative's place. Since then, I have been thinking of what more can be done with Marie biscuits. So I transformed the traditional tiramisu into a quick and easy eggless tiramisu recipe.

Ingredients 
1 cup strong brewed espresso with 1 tsp sugar, warmed
250gms mascarpone cheese
4-5 heap tablespoon ground sugar
30 Marie Biscuit
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup whipped cream


Preparation
  1. In a bowl, beat mascarpone cheese till smooth.
  2. Add sugar,lemon zest,vanilla extract, 3 tablespoon strong brewed coffee.
  3. Fold in Whipping cream.
  4. Keep this mixture aside.
  5. Keep a shallow dish ready.
  6. Dip 15 Marie Biscuits in the sweetened espresso, about 1 second per side and immediately place it on the shallow dish making a 3 layer rectangle of biscuits.Break the biscuits if needed to fill the rectangle.It is bit difficult to maintain the shape as marie biscuits are round.
  7. Apply half of the mascarpone cheese mix on the top of the biscuit layer and spread evenly.
  8. Repeat to create another 3 layer of biscuits and then apply cheese mix again on the top and the sides.
  9. Increase the quantity of biscuits and cheese mix if you want more layers.
  10. Cover with a plastic wrap and refrigerate the tiramisu for few hours or better overnight.
  11. To serve, sift cocoa powder on the top and place chocolate curls.
  12. Cut into individual rectangle/squares to serve chilled.

8 comments:

Richa Rai said...

you should have a question answer things also...

Richa Rai said...

http://fcgadgets.blogspot.com/2009/03/friendconnect-gadget-get-answers.html

Cutting Kahlua said...

This is my fav dessert, but do you know where you get mascarpone cheese in Mumbai?
Thanks

SinFoodie said...

I got it from Godrej nature basket.

Adventures of a Cardamom Junkie said...

I thought I was the only one who thought of this recipe. Love the lemon zest in it. Will be making it this weekend for a bunch of guests. Thanks :)

Anisha said...

Love your blog... there are so many things I can try out from here.

I've been wanting to try tiramisu, but was planning on making everything from scratch even the lady's finger. But now I'll try this first.

Anisha said...

I tried this... with a few omissions(lemon zest) and additions (red wine)to your recipe... and it tasted awesome.

I'm really glad you posted this coz I'd have probably waited another year to have tried Tiramisu by actually baking the ladys finger by myself. Thank you so much!

SinFoodie said...

Thanks so much Anisha!! I am really happy that you loved it :))
I am thinking of trying making ladys fingers too someday .. but using marie biscuits is so much simpler :))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips