Countless books [including Mills & Boons :)] mentions the entire house filled with the sweet smell of fresh cookies in the oven.
And I have been wanting to recreate those aromas my little kitchen ever since I started baking recently.
So, here comes the recipe of first cookie I baked which is inspired from BakingBites Brownie cookies.
5oz bittersweet chocolate melted and cooled
1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour [maida]
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter
3/4 cup Sugar [grind it if using granulated sugar]
1tsp vanilla essence[ use 2 tsp vanilla extract preferably]
1/2 cup roasted walnuts [broken into small pieces]
3/4 cup chocolate chips
Chocolate flakes for decoration
- Preheat oven to 190C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then mix in the vanilla essence or extract and the melted chocolate.
- Add in dry ingredients and stir just until dough comes together and no streaks of dry ingredients remain.
- Stir in and chocolate chips.
- Drop 1-inch balls of dough onto prepared baking sheet.
- Put some chocolate flakes on the top.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes, until cookies are set and are no longer wet looking.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 2-3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
My Personal Notes
- Color of the cookies are an indication if it is done or not. Undone chocolate cookies are of pale chocolate colour.
- The cookies loses its wetness when stored overnight.So,don't get worried if it is little moist when it comes out the oven. If it is too wet then bake for couple of minutes more.