Here comes the most sinfully gorgeous looking potatoes recipe.
I saw it the first time at Purplefoodie blog and since I didn't have the pesto ingredients at home, I searched for more recipes and finally came with this recipe.
Large potatoes - 2
Parsley -1 tbsp
Garlic - 3-4 cloves thinly sliced
Butter - 2 tbsp,cut in small cubes
Lemon - 1
Olive Oil- 1tbsp
- Preheat Oven to 225C.
- Clean the potatoes. Do not remove the skin.
- Parboil the potatoes for 10-12 minutes.
- Keeping the base intact,thinly slice the potatoes at regular intervals. Cut it in a see-saw manner.This would ensure that you are not cutting the base.
- Put the potatoes on a baking dish.
- Push half of sliced garlic in the potato layers
- Push small cubes of butter in each layer.
- Melt some butter in a pan, Add remaining garlic pieces and all the herbs and stir well.
- Add lemon juice and lemon zest to the butter mixture
- Pour this herbed butter on the potatoes making sure it goes inside the layers.
- Sprinkle salt and olive oil.
- Bake for 1 hour,10 minutes.
- When it is done,pour the melted butter/oil which is in the baking dish again over the potatoes and grill it for 3 minutes to make it crispy.
- Serve It Hot!!