India is playing finals of the world cup cricket match today against Sri Lanka.And things were not looking good. For the one time I entered the kitchen, a wicket fell down, so the superstition continued and I spent most of the Sri Lankan innings coming in and out of the kitchen. These cupcakes were made then, with the hope of enjoying them after India's win. But , Indian batting has started, and two of our best players are out and we have a huge score to chase. I wouldn't have been writing this post if situation was bright for us and would have been watching the game, but now, I need something to distract me. So here it is :
The recipe is from Kirbie's Cravings.
Update : India has won the world cup !!! All the cricket superstitions paid up finally :D . Great effort by the Indian Team and very proud and emotional moment for us.
Ingredients [ for 12 small cupcakes]
3/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking power
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup fat free milk [ I had only 1/2 cup of milk at home, so added 1/4 cup butter milk]
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease cupcake tin with liners and spray cooking spray on it.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together sugar and egg until combined. Add in flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Mix until combined.
3. Then mix in vegetable oil, milk and vanilla extract.
4. Fill each cup about 2/3 full with batter. Add a dollop of nutella to each and swirl it around a few times with a knife.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Allow cupcakes to cool before serving.
The addition of buttermilk made it moist, which I loved.