1 cup strong brewed espresso with 1 tsp sugar, warmed
250gms mascarpone cheese
4-5 heap tablespoon ground sugar
30 Marie Biscuit
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup whipped cream
- In a bowl, beat mascarpone cheese till smooth.
- Add sugar,lemon zest,vanilla extract, 3 tablespoon strong brewed coffee.
- Fold in Whipping cream.
- Keep this mixture aside.
- Keep a shallow dish ready.
- Dip 15 Marie Biscuits in the sweetened espresso, about 1 second per side and immediately place it on the shallow dish making a 3 layer rectangle of biscuits.Break the biscuits if needed to fill the rectangle.It is bit difficult to maintain the shape as marie biscuits are round.
- Apply half of the mascarpone cheese mix on the top of the biscuit layer and spread evenly.
- Repeat to create another 3 layer of biscuits and then apply cheese mix again on the top and the sides.
- Increase the quantity of biscuits and cheese mix if you want more layers.
- Cover with a plastic wrap and refrigerate the tiramisu for few hours or better overnight.
- To serve, sift cocoa powder on the top and place chocolate curls.
- Cut into individual rectangle/squares to serve chilled.