Guess what!! This is the first time I cooked chicken independently. If I recall well, the last time was when I must have assisted my mom around, 15 years back. Then I moved to PGs and hostels and later on I turned vegetarian for around 8 or 9 years. I have started eating chicken again since last 2 years but never cooked it as it has been Animesh's specialty :-) Yesterday night he thawed the chicken ,but was very tired after office. And as blogging has invigorated me, I want to try my hand at everything I can eat and taste . So,I ruffled through the easy chicken recipe booklet ,rejected most of the recipes outright,because the ingredients were not at home and some of them might not be even available easily in market. I modified this recipe according to what was at home.I have used coriander leaves instead of Parsley as it was not available at home but Parsley is any day more flavorful than coriander. The original recipe has bacon too.But I don't eat bacon,mutton ,lamb..etc etc. The original recipe didn't have any salt,oregano,pepper,chili too!!
2 tbsp Olive Oil
2 Chicken breasts
30 gm Butter
1 Onion finely chopped
6-7 Garlic cloves crushed
1 Red pepper,chopped [I have used yellow]
1 and 1/2 tbsp All purpose flour
200 ml Milk
50 ml Cream
200 gms Corn kernels boiled
Handful of Parsley [I have used coriander leaves]
1 tsp Chili flakes
Salt as per taste
1 tsp Freshly ground peppercorns
- Marinade chicken in salt ,half of crushed garlic,1 tbsp oil for 30 mins.
- Preheat Oven to 200 C.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken breast and cook till it is golden on on both the sides. Set aside.
- Clean /wipe the pan and add butter.
- Add onions and leftover garlic. Cook till it softens
- Add red/yellow pepper and fry for 2-3 mins till it softens.
- Add flour and cook for 1 min. Add milk slowly and keep stirring so that no lumps are formed.
- Add cream.
- If the mixture is too runny,increase the heat,it will eventually become thick.
- Add corn kernels,parsley,oregano,some more salt and ground peppercorns.
- Pour this mixture in a baking dish and place chicken on top of it.
- Bake for 25 mins till the chicken is cooked.
- Sprinkle more oregano and chili flakes before you serve.
- I served it with spaghetti.