May 31, 2011

Palak Matar Makai Tikki /Spinach Peas Corn Patties



I have been missing in action for almost a fortnight now.There have been some late nights at office lately and I have been also been pure lazy on the days when office was not that hectic. 
Before I share the recipe, I would like to thank all my readers and fellow bloggers for their lovely birthday wishes. :)  Your comments have made me forget all the lament that I did on my last post :))
This tikki was on my agenda for a long time since the time I saw them at Sanjeev Kapoor. Somehow one of the other ingredients were always missing whenever I wanted to make them, so I have kept it on hold. This weekend I ensured that I buy everything that was needed to make this. 



Ingredients
 1 large Potato, boiled and mashed 
1/2 cup Green peas, blanched
10 -12  Spinach leaves, blanched and chopped
1/2 cup Corn kernels, blanched
1/3 cup Cottage cheese (paneer), crumbled
1 Onion , chopped
 2 Green chillies, chopped
1 inch Ginger, chopped
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp Black pepper powder
1 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
1/2 tsp Red chilli Powder
2-3 tbsp Cornflour/ corn starch
Oil  to shallow fry

Preparation

  1. Heat  1 tsp oil in a pan. Add onion and green chillies and sauté for two minutes. Add peas and spinach and saute for 2 minutes.l.Let it cool and then coarsely grind in a mixture/grinder
  2. In a bowl, Add peas and spinach mixture, mashed  potatoes,chopped ginger, salt, pepper powder,roasted cumin powder and half the cornflour and mix well. 
  3. Coarsely grind blanched corn kernels in a mixture/grinder Add cottage cheese salt,red chili powder and mix. Add the remaining cornflour and mix.
  4. Take a portion of the spinach-peas-potato mixture and shape into a flat and thick tikki. Using a cutter cut out a round from the center of the tikki . Take a little portion of the corn mixture and place it in the hole of the spinach-peas-potato tikki and press lightly.
  5. Heat oil in another pan and fry the tikkis till golden on both the sides.
  6. Serve hot !!





Linking this to Aipi and Priya's bookmarked event and Veggies/Fruit event of Priya and Reshmi 

12 comments:

Sadhana Valentina said...

Very nice dish dear. Love to have it now!!!

aipi said...

Had you been my neighbor I would have come over n finished the entire lot in a go :) Awesome looking!
Thanks a lot for linking to bookmarked event :)
US Masala

Suja Manoj said...

Healthy and yummy..love it.

Unknown said...

Yum, they look superb dear, love the color :)

Raji said...

I too had bookmarked this recipe of Sanjeev Kapoor but never got a chance to make it...you have made it wonderfully.

Priya Suresh said...

Pattis looks super catchy,crispy and inviting..

Sensible Vegetarian said...

These patties look so delicious. Love the green color.

Vardhini said...

Perfect tikkis .. love the pictures.

Vardhini
Event: Dish it Out - Spinach and Garlic

Prathima Rao said...

Tempting patties!!!! Wanna grab them now!!
Prathima Rao
Prats Corner

kankana said...

palak .. matar and makai .. what a great combination it sounds !! I have all the ingredients .. will give it a shot :)

himadri said...

hey! have read your blog, wanted to have a quick chat with you if you're interested in participating in a cooking reality show. Do reply here, or leave me a message on himadri.gaur@gmail.com

rithu said...

They look so nice... Its a pep up version of the harra bhara
kebab...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips