What makes this cookie special is the generous amount of chocolate chunks. Chocolate chips cookies always leave me wanting for more chocolate. Replace it with chocolate chunks and it perfectly satisfies all my chocolate cravings. Though, I must say this wasn't my most favourite cookie, but it works well as a simple cookie to have with a cup of milk ,coffee or tea . My cookie standards have been set high after having baked the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie and the Nutella Pinwheel Cookies and I inadvertently start comparing any cookies that I make with them. So, this one fell short to those standards, but still if you are looking for simple chocolate chunk cookies, this is quite good. And being made up of Wheat Flour, it will lessen some of your guilt too :)
For 12 -15 cookies
[Inspired from Scandilicious].
1 and 3/4th cups Whole wheat Flour
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
180 gms Butter melted
1/2 cup + 1 tbsp sugar powdered
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
170gm dark chocolate chopped into chunks.
- Preheat the oven to 155C. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and keep aside.
- In a medium bowl sieve the flour, baking soda and salt together.Mix well so that baking soda is distributed well.
- Melt butter.whisk using the electric whisk ,melted butter and the sugars until creamy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla to the mixture. Whisk again and then add the flour. Keep beating for some time stretch those gluten strands.
- Add the chocolate chunks and fold in. The cookie dough should feel almost dry now.Mix well to spread the chocolate chunks evenly.
- Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
- Scoop 1 tbsp of dough on the baking sheets, spacing them further than 2 inches apart as these cookies spread upon baking.
- Bake on the upper-middle shelf of the oven for 25-28 minutes until the cookies are golden,
- Cool the cookies on the baking sheets.